By Barbara Wold
, Retail & Consumer Tips, 10/8/2007
Barbara offers her Top 10 list for tips to improve your store's customer service.
Copyright 2008. Reprinted with permission from Barbara Wold's Retail & Consumer Tips, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hire people who have a service attitude. Some people simply enjoy serving others, their organizations and even their communities.
- Make the customer's time with you an experience. You have but a few short moments with customers.
- Regularly inform all your employees about what's going on in your company. Employees need to know what's happening.
- Make every decision with the customer in mind. Ask yourself questions such as, "Do our customers like what we're doing?" and "Would our customers like this type of promotion?"
- Make the customers an agenda item at every staff meeting.
- Empower your employees to do the right thing. And don't hold it against them if the situation doesn't turn out perfectly.
- Continually ask yourself how you can improve and add value. If you don't keep asking and pushing yourself, you'll start to slip behind the competition.
- Create an atmosphere of excellence. Let it be known that everything you and your employees do has to be the best, and you won't accept less.
- Continually do the unexpected. Have the reputation for doing the unexpected and customers will always expect something different and exciting from your company.
- Never let an untrained employee have customer contact. Your employees represent you, your company and your brand.
About Barbara Wold
Barbara Wold is a street-smart, down-to-earth business speaker, presenting topics from sales and marketing to customer service and tourism. She is an international speaker who has "WOWED" over 400,000 people from all 50 of the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, China, Malaysia, India and the United Arab Emirates.